Joel Pilger is open to speaking at your conference, workshop, or podcast.
The information below is provided as a resource for conference organizers, media professionals, podcast hosts, or other interested parties. You are approved to cut-and-paste anything here without prior approval from RevThink.
If you have additional questions or needs, please email [email protected].
Joel Pilger helps great creatives run great creative companies. As a RevThinker, he actively advises hundreds of creative firms – studios, agencies, and production companies – based in 23 countries around the world.
In addition to working as a consultant, Joel is the host of the RevThinking Podcast. He also organizes regular Qohort dinners, bringing together elite creative entrepreneurs in New York, Los Angeles, and London.
Sample questions for Joel
- What makes the creative entrepreneur different from all other types of entrepreneurs?
- How do creative firms evolve over time in what are known as The Seasons of a Creative Firm?
- Why is positioning a creative firm so critical to its success?
- Why do most creative firms get stuck offering services instead of selling expertise and value?
- What does a RevThinker do?
Interesting facts about Joel
- His first feature film grossed $13.
- By the age of 16, Joel had launched more than 20 different entrepreneurial ventures.
- In a former life, Joel was a practicing industrial designer.
- For 20 years Joel helmed Impossible Pictures in Denver, the most successful production company to ever thrive between the coasts.
- Joel has won numerous Emmy, Addy, and Promax awards… but lost count long ago.
Joel’s Recent Topics
- Our Crisis of Unhelpfulness
If design is supposed to make things easier, why are designers making things harder?
- The Value Pyramid™
Why today’s talent will become tomorrow’s commodity… and what to do about it.
- The Genius Gap
Why do some creatives get stuck… while others go on to greatness? The difference is a focus on Genius.
- The Three R’s™
What really drives the client/agency business relationship.
- The 7 Ingredients of a Creative Firm™
Why Creative is but one Ingredient – out of 7 – required to run a successful creative firm.
- Preparing to Launch
Do you have what it takes to launch a creative business of your own?
- It’s Not WHAT You Pitch It’s HOW
Why the creative you pitch in your presentation only wins half the battle.
- Everyone Has a Sales Problem
Why weak sales in a creative firm is actually a symptom of four deeper problems.
More about Joel
- Host of The RevThinking Podcast
- Leads the Jumpstart accelerator
- Mentor/curator of Confab: The Weekly Forum with RevThink
- Author of weekly RevThinking Insights email series
- Founder and host of QOHORT elite creative entrepreneur gatherings
- Judge for Primetime Emmy Awards
- Judge for Promax Awards
- Guest speaker on The Futur podcast, livestreams, and events
- Conference speaker at Promax in New York and Los Angeles
- Conference speaker at Digital Design Days in Geneva, Switzerland
- Conference and workshop speaker at Bend Design Conference in Bend, Oregon
- Conference speaker at COLLIDER in Chișinău, Moldova
- Conference speaker at Motion Conference in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Featured speaker at Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia
- Workshop leader for City of New York Small Business Services in New York, New York
- Contributing author at Fast Company Magazine
- Contributing author at Forbes Magazine
- Contributing author at SHOOT Magazine
- Consultant to Moldova Competitiveness Project in partnership with USAID and Sweden
- Advisory board member at University of Colorado Denver, College of Arts & Media