Joel is available to speak at your conference, workshop, or podcast.
The information below is provided as a resource for conference organizers, media professionals, podcast hosts, or other interested parties. You are approved to cut-and-paste anything here without prior approval from RevThink.
If you have additional questions or needs, please email [email protected].
Joel Pilger helps great creatives run great creative companies. As consultant and partner at RevThink, he advises hundreds of creative firms – studios, agencies, and production companies – based in 23 countries around the world.
In addition to his work as a consultant, Joel fosters an elite community of creative entrepreneurs. He hosts the RevThinking Podcast as well as Qohort dinner gatherings of elite owners in New York, Los Angeles, and London.
Sample questions for Joel
- What makes the creative entrepreneur different from other types of entrepreneurs?
- What do owners of next-level creative firms know (that up-and-coming firms don’t)?
- How do creative firms evolve over time in what are known as The Seasons of a Creative Firm?
- Why is narrowly positioning a creative firm so critical to its success?
- Why do most creative firms get stuck offering services instead of selling expertise and value?
- What does a RevThinker do?
Interesting facts about Joel
- His first feature film grossed $13.
- By the age of 16, Joel had launched more than 20 different entrepreneurial ventures.
- In a former life, Joel was a practicing industrial designer.
- For 20 years Joel helmed Impossible Pictures in Denver, the most successful production company to ever thrive between the coasts.
- Joel has won numerous Emmy, Addy, and Promax awards… but lost count long ago.
Joel’s Recent Topics
- Our Crisis of Unhelpfulness
If design is supposed to make things easier, why are designers making things harder?
- The Value Pyramid™
Why today’s talent will become tomorrow’s commodity… and what to do about it.
- The Genius Gap
Why do some creatives get stuck… while others go on to greatness? The difference is a focus on Genius.
- The Three R’s™
What really drives the client/agency business relationship.
- The 7 Ingredients of a Creative Firm™
Why Creative is but one Ingredient – out of 7 – required to run a successful creative firm.
- Preparing to Launch
Do you have what it takes to launch a creative business of your own?
- It’s Not WHAT You Pitch It’s HOW
Why the creative you pitch in your presentation only wins half the battle.
- Everyone Has a Sales Problem
Why weak sales in a creative firm is actually a symptom of four deeper problems.
More about Joel
- Host of The RevThinking Podcast
- Leads the Jumpstart accelerator
- Mentor/curator of Confab: The Weekly Forum with RevThink
- Author of weekly RevThinking Insights email series
- Founder and host of QOHORT elite creative entrepreneur gatherings
- Judge for Primetime Emmy Awards
- Judge for Promax Awards
- Guest speaker on The Futur podcast, livestreams, and events
- Conference speaker at Promax in New York and Los Angeles
- Conference speaker at Digital Design Days in Geneva, Switzerland
- Conference and workshop speaker at Bend Design Conference in Bend, Oregon
- Conference speaker at COLLIDER in Chișinău, Moldova
- Conference speaker at Motion Conference in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Featured speaker at Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia
- Workshop leader for City of New York Small Business Services in New York, New York
- Contributing author at Fast Company Magazine
- Contributing author at Forbes Magazine
- Contributing author at SHOOT Magazine
- Consultant to Moldova Competitiveness Project in partnership with USAID and Sweden
- Advisory board member at University of Colorado Denver, College of Arts & Media