The information below is provided for conference organizers, media professionals, podcast hosts, or other parties interested in booking Joel. You are approved to copy/paste anything here without our prior approval.
If you have additional questions or needs, please email [email protected].
Joel helps emerging creative studios become industry leaders.
Joel’s clients own and operate motion, production, experiential, and sound studios spanning the US, UK, Canada, Europe, Australia, Asia, and South America. Among those Joel has helped are many eminent names including Bigstar, Giant Ant, Mighty Nice, and STATE Design.
Joel also spearheads a vibrant, global network of hundreds of owners through online communities in addition to contributing to the industry as a judge, author, and speaker.
In a former life Joel helmed the miracle-making studio Impossible Pictures where he and his team won numerous Emmy, Addy, and Promax awards… and had a blast.
Sample questions for Joel
- What makes the creative entrepreneur different from other types of entrepreneurs?
- What do owners of next-level creative firms know (that up-and-coming firms don’t)?
- How do creative firms evolve over time in what are known as The Seasons of a Creative Firm?
- Why is narrowly positioning a creative firm so critical to its success?
- Why do most creative firms get stuck offering services instead of selling expertise and value?
- What does a RevThinker do?
Interesting facts about Joel
- Joe’s first feature film grossed $13. He was thirteen years old.
- By the age of 16, Joel had launched more than 20 different entrepreneurial ventures.
- In a former life, Joel was a practicing industrial designer.
- For 20 years Joel helmed Impossible Pictures in Denver, the most successful production company to ever thrive between the coasts.
- Joel won numerous Emmy, Addy, and Promax awards… but lost count long ago.
Joel’s Recent Topics
- Our Crisis of Unhelpfulness
Design is supposed to make things easier. Why are designers making it harder?
- Ephemeralization and the Value Pyramid™
Why today’s valuable service will be a commodity tomorrow… and what to do about it.
- The Genius Gap
Why do some creatives get stuck… while others go on to greatness? The difference is a focus on Genius.
- The Three R’s™
What really drives the client/agency business relationship.
- The 7 Ingredients of a Creative Firm™
Why Creative is but one Ingredient – out of 7 – required to run a successful creative firm.
- Preparing to Launch
Do you have what it takes to launch a creative business of your own?
- It’s Not WHAT You Pitch It’s HOW
Why the creative you pitch in your presentation only wins half the battle.
- Everyone Has a Sales Problem
Why weak sales in a creative firm is actually a symptom of four deeper problems.
More about Joel
- Host of The RevThinking Podcast
- Leads the Jumpstart accelerator
- Mentor/curator of Confab: The Weekly Forum with RevThink
- Author of weekly RevThinking Insights email series
- Founder and host of QOHORT elite creative entrepreneur gatherings
- Judge for Primetime Emmy Awards
- Judge for Promax Awards
- Guest speaker on The Futur podcast, livestreams, and events
- Conference speaker at Promax in New York and Los Angeles
- Conference speaker at Digital Design Days in Geneva, Switzerland
- Conference and workshop speaker at Bend Design Conference in Bend, Oregon
- Conference speaker at COLLIDER in Chișinău, Moldova
- Conference speaker at Motion Conference in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Featured speaker at Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia
- Workshop leader for City of New York Small Business Services in New York, New York
- Contributing author at Fast Company Magazine
- Contributing author at Forbes Magazine
- Contributing author at SHOOT Magazine
- Consultant to Moldova Competitiveness Project in partnership with USAID and Sweden
- Advisory board member at University of Colorado Denver, College of Arts & Media