What is profit? Why is profit good? And how can we create profit – almost automatically – at our creative firms?
Join your agency principal peers at LA’s premier oceanfront resort, Terranea, for the perfect getaway from the office as we tackle this vital topic for creative businesses.
9:30 a.m. – REGISTRATION – Abalone Cove
- Enjoy light refreshments and sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean as we kick off a day dedicated to unlocking the secrets of agency profits.
10 a.m. – SESSION: YOUR CPA DOESN’T KNOW PROFIT
- A creative services firm cannot accurately be managed using traditional financial statements or determining the utilization resources. In this session, you will learn the technique of moving expenses into controllable segments related to production and overhead. And then how to create the reports which project the “real” revenue and expenses at your agency.
- Speaker: Tim Thompson, Chief Revolution Thinker at RevThink.
11:00 a.m. – SESSION: BULLETPROOFING YOUR PROFITS
- Too often, owner of creative firms ask themselves, “Where does my money go?” They know they see profits on a project, but don’t know how to relate that to the profitability of their company. In this session, we will look at the Factors that influence Profits and teach you how to create financials split between Direct and Indirect expenses to manage expenses and guarantee profits.
- Speakers: Tim Thompson, Chief Revolution Thinker at RevThink and Joel Pilger, RevThink Consultant.
12:30 p.m. – Lunch – Bungalow Lawn
1:00 p.m. – SESSION: BEYOND PROFITS – DISCUSSION
- How to prepare your agency for the future
- Profits are determined by purpose and priority. When you know your future you can determine how much profit is enough. In this session, we will ask industry CEO’s and Investors what Key Performance Indexes they look for when determining the purpose and priority of their business’s future.
- Moderator: Joel Pilger, RevThink
- Speaker: Justin B. Wineburgh, President and CEO, Alkemy X
2:00 p.m. – SESSION: COMPASSIONATE CAPITALISM
- The true purpose of business is not to simply make owners wealthy or to produce ever-cheaper goods and services. David Meltzer shares his experience as CEO of a global sports marketing agency where he and partner, Hall of Fame Quarterback Warren Moon, believe Compassionate Capitalism encourages owners to “help a lot of people, and have a lot of fun”.
- Speaker: David Meltzer, CEO, Sports 1 Marketing
3:30 p.m. – Afternoon Break
4:00 pm – SESSION: DISCUSSION & APPLICATION
- In this discussion, we will process what a profit plan looks like for you. We will ask:
- What are reasonable goals to set for your business?
- What practical things can you start immediately?
- What needs to change today in order to meet future needs?
- Moderators: Tim Thompson and Joel Pilger, RevThink
5:00 p.m. – Sunset Networking and Cocktails – Bungalow Lawn
- Raise a glass, grab a bite, and mingle with new friends and old colleagues as the sun sets over the Pacific Ocean.
We look forward to seeing you in sunny LA. Register here or click on the image below.
Creative Entrepreneurs is a partnership of RevThink and PromaxBDA.